Monday, October 17, 2011

Focusing On the Flat Earth

The earth is flat.

How do I know, you ask?  I presume it to be true, and seriously?

Flat fits nicely into my linear world.

Impulse to impulse.

Speculation to speculation.

Presumption to presumption.

You see, my flat world is tiny and one-dimensional.  

I have to compartmentalize.  

I have to assume,

Because, well…

My world, as I said, is tiny.

It hasn’t space for open-ended thought or possibility.

I prefer to keep on the straight and narrow, and focus…

Even if I am focusing on the wrong target.

After all, I wouldn’t want to focus on myself, now would I?

--MM 2011

4 comments:

Mike said...

Don't let noone confuse you with no stinkin' facts. Be consistant. Form an opinion and never change!

I'm With Stupid said...

Whatever works man. That whole "Open-ended thought or possibility" thing is where people get themselves into trouble.

Jay

Ole Phat Stu said...

Just curious; if your world is flat and one-dimensional, how come

1) it looks 3D in the photo?

2) the photo is in 2D?

3) you're not posting in morse code?

Anonymous said...

Send gifts to pakistan | cakes to pakistan |Flowers to pakistan